Friday 24 June 2011

OOC - My 5 cents - This is a rant, feel free to skip it

Beggining of rant.

I've been away from EVE for a while. I was slowly coming back and starting to have fun again and then this.

I consider myself a level headed person and I'm sincerely trying not to rage, but some things must be said.

First of all, if any of this money for stuff touches gameplay, I will leave. This is not an idle threat. It's not "emo rage quit" it's the fact that in eve everyone, no matter how incompetent, great, obnoxious or amazing, have clawed and waited their way to their station. For that both carebears, gankers, pirates, CEO's, deserve my respect.

CQ... I was waiting for that. I wanted that RPG element of walking around in stations. I am aware I'm a guinea pig for WoD and don't care. I actually played Vampire: the Masquerade and still love the pen and paper game, so I don't care about that part. What I care is the fact that CCP is constantly falling short. I haven't seen an expansion that blows me away in ages. I feel the game has been neglected, I feel the players aren't being listened to... and I fear this will not get better.

We need decent content. 
We need some respect and attention, other than lip service to "excellence". The mere mention of that word makes me sick.

I'm not saying CCP should catter to our every whim. I am, however, saying that a world like EVE (as any RPG Storyteller learns) is not shaped according to the creator's vision: it is a piece of collaboration art - players and creator compromise and shape the story because they have active roles in the way it unfolds. I feel that CCP lost track of that: they have one vision and they wish to enforce it. Thing is, to be absolutely honest, I don't think anyone knows what that vision is and they have never been forthcoming about it either.
A good sandbox RPG works when people cooperate, not when a bad gamemaster imposes what he thinks is a nice story to the players and right now I just feel the walls closing in on what I consider a nice sandbox.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions... and I don't even see much "good intention here".

End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. CCP hf. has granted permission to Into the Impossible to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, Into the Impossible. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.